Tuesday, October 28, 2008

fia's a realist

So, there is a technique of parenting called "playful parenting", where you animate an inanimate object, such as a trash can, pretending to be its voice, saying for example, "I'm hungry, feed me!" when you want your child to put their trash in the trash can. It's fun and playful.

Well, today I was trying to get Fia it climb into her carseat, so I gave her carseat a voice, saying, "Sofia, I want you to sit in me!" Sofia said, "Mom, carseats can't talk!" I said, "Mine does! My carseat wants me to sit down and be safe so that the car can drive." Sofia retorted, "Mom, cars don't drive themselves!" "Oh, they don't??" I asked. "No," she answered, "YOU drive the car, mom!"

1 comment:

Rylie Suzanna said...

I love the playful parenting idea. I guess Sofia will keep us honest though, huh? I love this story. Keep them coming!