OK, so I'm not certain that I want to - or should - publish this one, but it is a day in the life!
One thing about Sofia, when she's gotta go, she says "I'm peeing!" and runs to the potty. This usually happens during dinner, and generally turns into a call of "I poooooooooped!" after a few minutes, and either dad or mom have to head in to wipe her.
So, on Sunday afternoon, I was trying to get Emerson to sleep. Kent was away. Inevitably, Sofia decides she needs to poop. She makes her call, "mommy, I pooooooooooped!" I respond, "Sofia, I'm with Emerson. You need to wipe yourself this time." She replies, "I CAAAAAAAN'T!" I say, "You need to try three times, then I can help you." She says, "But I CAAAAAAAAN'T!" I say, "Yes, you can." "No I CAAAAAAN'T!" "Sofia, you need to try three times." "I LOST MY TRIES!" By now, Emerson is NOT asleep, and I'm really frustrated. But, I started this, so I've got to see it through, right? (Why is being a parent so hard?) After about 10 more minutes of Sofia running around the house (not wiped) and telling me that she can't do it, and me telling her she has to try three times. After my closing her in the bathroom, telling (no shouting to) her I'll help her after she tries three times. After I'm about to lose it. I finally go in, I tear the toilet paper off the roll, put in her hand, and move her hand to help her wipe. I say, "that's ONE." Repeat. "That's TWO." Repeat. "That's THREE!" OK, NOW I CAN HELP YOU!!!
[BIG EXHALE]
Next we go to make easter eggs. Sofia is as happy as can be - completely in the moment, lost in the dying of the eggs. I am absolutely fuming.
Fast forward to Monday.
"I have to poop and pee." "OK." (waiting for the call.) Later, we're reading a book. "Hey, Sofia, did you poop?" "Yes." "And did you wipe?" "Yes." "Hunh!"
This happened - TWICE! So, maybe it was a small victory? I don't want to count my chickens...
Parenting is hard!! Especially with a three-year-old who is just as stubborn, maybe even more so, than I am!
It was a great day on Osceola St. - Emmo crawled, and Fia wiped!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
tee hee! What a big girl Sofia is. We're proud of her, too. :)
Three cheers for little victories!
Post a Comment