Monday, June 8, 2009

Emmo Sings!

Mark it down, Emerson sang his first songs at 328 days old! :-) I think Kristen deservedly heard the first song, and I heard the encore. Besides the obvious nature side of things, Kristen attributes Emmo's bursting forth into song to her singing him to sleep for the past 11 months.

Me being the IT troubleshooter, I'm looking for what changed. :-) We listened to 2 hours of Chopin Sunday morning during breakfast. This event occurred too after he slept through an entire night for the first time...that we can remember! :-)

It's a really beautiful thing to think "I'm hearing this little person's first (or 2nd...) song", and I wanted to share it with friends and family. I remember Fia's first song too, we were driving to "Music Together" and she burst into song. Like anyone who has been on a walk with Fia or spent a few hours with her in the past few months knows, she hasn't stopped since!

1 comment:

gram n said...

Glad to know of this boy's budding talent -could have been to his mom's singing every night - does help - and/or Chopin.

Sorry we weren't able to come to Denver this time. I'm still uncomfortable and may go to the doctor tomorrow. We won't be traveling out to Utah, either - as Jerry might come down with the same thing! Guess J.J. is doing all right.gram n