Hi everybody, it's Kent posting this time.
Just a short update to start a Tuesday. I've been meaning to post that Fia has turned a corner in the past month or so, heading toward that magic age of 5. Or 8, depends on who you ask! ;-P She's great at taking direction (typical response "I know it", but then - adherence to what it is you're asking her to do), and is really coming into her "big sister" role; showing Emerson the right way to do things, but not too much.
In the past 2 months, her art and her natural curiosity to draw letters has really taken off. It's pretty amazing how quickly she ramped up to writing/copying letters, how much improvement there has been. What's neat is that, it's just her natural intrinsic curiosity that is motivating that.
Emmo on the other hand, is just more and more curious. His bright eyes just scan ALL of the time, looking for something interesting for him to get his hands on. Banging things is a primary activity, so this is frequently not such a good thing (goodbye popcorn bowls, I miss you a lot ;-P)
Since we were back Labor Day and then Kristen and the kids were back for the bluegrass festival, Emmo definitely bonded with Clark (baah-pah in Emmo-speak). So cute story goes with that, we're sitting on Sunday, Emmo's in his high chair, he looks up on the hutch and see's a picture of Clark. He points, and he's all "Baah-pah....baah-pah", big old smile. It was really cute.
Emmo went down the stairs forward all by himself yesterday. Don't worry Grandparents, I was within "catching" distance for the trip's duration.
That's about it for the kids. I think we've hit some type of warranty level on our house (really? 8 years already?), b/c stuff's starting to break. I told Kristen this morning, it kind of accumulated in late July - August, and I just feel like we're getting a handle on that stuff. Hello new oven, I'm expecting great things (ahem..cookies) from you :-)
lots of love everybody - cheers!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment