Mid-September Sofia, Emerson and I made a trip back to Kansas to join our family at the Walnut Valley Bluegrass Festival in Winfield. My mom's cousin Forrest and his wife Cindy were coming from Kingman, AZ for the festival, which meant a gathering of family I wouldn't normally get to see! My mom's cousin Jim and his wife Jennifer had a camper and a large spot at the festival, Jennifer's daughter Marissa was there, Jim's sister Robin and her two kids Mikhail and Reanna came from Evergreen, CO, and Jim and Robin's dad Forrest (my great uncle, who baptized Sofia). My uncle and aunt Larry and Barbara were also there, and had a smaller camper, where Sofia, Emerson, my mom and I all camped out for a night! It was a fun-filled trip! We enjoyed the bluegrass music, the company, the potluck dinner, and Sofia seemed in her element, dancing away!
Robin's son, Mikhail, blew bubbles, which was great entertainment for Sofia and Emerson!

After the kids were asleep, my aunt Barbara was super-nice to stay at camp with them while the rest of us visited the Pecan Grove - the unofficial campground of the festival, along with it's own stages and impromptu music of it's own! We had a lot of fun wandering this wacky part of the festival, where many claim the "real" music happens!
We all had such a great time at the festival, I am hoping to get Kent to go with us next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment