Some thoughts I wanted to write while I was in the hospital, but didn't get a chance...
* Poor Emerson - it took me a full week to get his name straight! I think I have called him every name of every baby boy we know! He has been Dominic, Sebastian, Milo, Russel, Logan, etc. I think I've finally got it down!
* While sitting with Emerson in the hospital, I felt llike I was in an altered state of reality. It was difficult to realize that while I was having a similar experience to what I had when Sofia was born - that being in the hospital, holding my new born baby, and having only that responsibility - it wasn't the same, because in reality I did have a three-year-old at home waiting for me!
Now, being home, it is a push-pull of wanting to give Emerson the attention I gave to Sofia when she was a newborn, but I also want to give Sofia the attention she needs as a young child.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad you found a moment to record these thoughts. I love all the name choices, but Emerson seems to fit him best. I remember feeling the same way about Rylie's name. It takes a few times for it to feel right since you didn't have the name picked out throughout the pregnancy. We're thinking about you and hoping your transition to parents of two is a fun and easy one!
We're sending lots of love!
Post a Comment