Sunday, August 31, 2008

their mama's for obama




On the 3rd day of the DNC, Sofia, Emerson and I rode the bus downtown to take part in a MomsRising.org march. Moms Rising works for women's issues, namely:
Maternity & Paternity leave
Open and flexible work
TV we choose & after school programs
Healthcare for a kids
Excellent & affordable childcare
Realistic & fair wages
(MOTHERS).
It was a nice gathering, and just enough for us! I think the best part for Sofia was riding the bus! But, I enjoyed the energy and the people watching as we sat in a Starbuck's cafe. It was great to feel I actually got involved in the DNC in some minor way. I wish I could have done more, but with two small children, one of them being only 6 weeks old, I just didn't feel that I could. I am envious of the 84,000 people who saw Obama speak at Mile-High Stadium on Thursday. What an amazing energy!! Everyone I've met who was there was just so taken by his speech. I have such high hopes!!

No comments: