Monday, September 8, 2008

sofia eleanor gets dressed

We have a book called Ella Sarah Gets Dressed, which Sofia loves, and completely relates to the little girl dramatically exclaiming to her parents advice of dressing sensibly, "No! I want to wear my dress with green and white flowers, my pants with pink stripes, my purple socks, and my yellow hat!"

Her favorite dress these days is her "blue dress with yellow flowers and butterflies". Whenever it is clean, she wears it. When it's dirty, she says "I don't mind!" When it's cold, she puts on pants under it and her sweater (backwards!).

Right now, she has on her brown pants, pink socks, red ballerina skirt, green zebra shirt (backwards) and a beautiful crocheted blue and purple sweater from Grandma Nori (backwards), and is putting on her white sandals with flowers. We're going on a walk.

She came to me and said, "Mom, could you tell me the story from the class about the woman who gets dressed all by herself?" I answered, "Is that the story of Sofia?" She said, "Yes!"

Oh, my little independent girl!!

Emerson, on the other hand, still lets me dress him in whatever I want to. But, he does protest anything going over his head! :)

No comments: