Friday, November 21, 2008

the greener challenge

I found a blog, http://www.enviromom.com/, started by two moms in Oregon. They have a "one bag a month" challenge. See if you can reduce, reuse, recycle to the point that you are only tossing one bag of trash out per month! I want to try, and I think it is even more possible now, with the Denver composting program we just started! I believe that between the recycling and the composting programs, we are actually recycling/composting more trash than we are tossing in the dumpster. But, I know we could do better!

anyone want to join me to see what you can do to become greener?

Much of it has to do with going back to simpler ways that our parents and grandparents used. Two easy things to do:
1. there is no reason to use a paper towel or napkin, because you can use towels and cloth napkins and reuse.
2. take bags with you shopping, and never let the store give you a bog.

No comments: