We started a new - and very magical - Christmas tradition. It's a "shelf elf". He appears every year before Christmas, and watches and reports back to Santa whether we've been good or not.
Sofia has been totally taken in by this magic of the shelf elf! He appears in different places around the house. She asks questions about him, and thinks a lot about how he does what he does. She has named him "Cinderella"!
The first day we met the shelf elf, she said, "why doesn't the shelf elf blink?" Then she answered her own question with, "I know, because he's plastic!" (of course I am a bit worried here...) Then, she asked, "why is the shelf elf plastic?" I didn't know what to say! Luckily, she answered her own question again, with, "I know, because Santa is plastic!" Well, I guess I hadn't considered the fact that to Sofia, plastic does not have the "cheap, fake, evil" connotation that it has for me, so it could very well be magical for her!
We're enjoying looking for the shelf elf and talking about all that he does!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment