Thursday, February 11, 2010

emmo's story

Emerson is putting two and three words together. He is also using words to tell what I imagine are very detailed stories! The other night, Kent decided to mock falling off a chair, to show Emerson why he needs to sit down. What I got later from Emerson was (adding emphasis with his hands):

Dada
Fall
Chair
Bonk!
Owee!
Safe.

What I interpreted was:

Dada - Yes, Daddy?
Fall - Daddy fell?
Chair - Off the chair.
Bonk! - Did Daddy get hurt?
Owee! - Oh, ouch!
Safe. - Is Daddy being safe now?

While our tile was being installed, Emerson had an elaborate story of how Daddy knocked out the tile, then Ken came in and did more banging around, then he scraped the walls, then stuck the tiles on. It was something like this:

(Emerson gesturing emphatically, while staring wide-eyed at the bathroom)
Dada boom boom!
Boom boom Ken!
Scrape, scrape Ken!
Stuck. Tile.

It is such a wonder to hear what's really going on in his head!

1 comment:

L and B said...

Hi Kristen. I loved looking at all your entries this month. It's been awhile since I checked. You are so creative and I hope to see your 3-D travel dolls when we come out. Love the tile work, too -- top notch handyman/men there! Loved seeing pics of Sofia's dance program & puppet stage, and the recap of Emerson's commentary. Wow, never a dull moment for you guys! I'm having fun checking on blogs and other things while Larry is taking his turn overnighting with Gr'pa Wendell. About time to catch some of that graceful Olympic Ice Dancing. LOL