Wednesday, February 3, 2010

sewing

I was busy sewing for Christmas this year! Here are a few of my projects: The dolls were a friend’s idea, and she calls them “travelling dolls”. Basically, they are like 3-dimensional paper dolls, with 1-dimensional dresses that velcro on. The case is on one side a bed with a pillow sewn in, and the other side holds the clothes.






Sofia's doll is "Rose", and she plays with her a LOT!! I plan to make a boy doll for Emerson, and paint some jeans on, so he’ll just change the shirts. Rose has pink eyes (Sofia's choice) and shoes, and you can’t see it, but she also has pink panties, which I painted on the back, and a blue-pearl necklace! The red/brown doll is Rylie’s.


The other picture is of a door-way puppet theatre I made for the kids for Christmas. I have yet to make puppets to go with it so they will actually PLAY with it, but the idea was fun!



No comments: