Saturday, November 29, 2008

letssaythanks.com

I stole this from a friend and fellow blogger, but I thought the timing too perfect to not copy her post. (Thank you Kj! I hope you don't mind...)

"If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com , you can pick out a thank you card and message (or compose your own personal message) and Xerox will send to our troops serving around the world. It is FREE!"

1 comment:

Kjirsten said...

So glad you're spreading the word, Kristen. Did you see on the site where there's feedback from the service people? http://www.letssaythanks.com/FromTheTroops.aspx
When we lived in the Middle East, there were often ships docked, and when we were in town, we'd host sailors or marines for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. They seemed so happy to be with a family (even not their own) for the holiday. I always wished we could have hosted 20 of them. (As a junior high girl, some of that motivation may have been due to the fact that they were sometimes young hunks!) I think, even as an adolescent, I realized having them to dinner was such a small way to say thanks, but important.